Attieke is a traditional african side dish made from fermented cassava pulp that has been grated or granulated. It originates from Côte d'Ivoire but is a part of the cuisine in Senegal, Togo and Benin. It a mildly sour smell which disappears when cooked and it is a gluten free food.
It is great recipe for weekdays when you feel tired and doesn’t take long to make. Let's dive in.
1. Add 2 cups of Attieke powder to some water of equal quantity into a bowl.
2. Stir the mixture thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
3. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Take out from the microwave and stir a bit more.
5. Microwave again for 1 minute.
And it's ready. You can add tomatoes, onion, pepper during during the cooking process if you fancy.
Attieke can be eaten warm or cold and can be served with a fish or meat tomato stew.
Nayama Attieke is available on www.wanshophk.com. BUY NOW.